How to Customize Font Styles for Different Map Levels in MindManager?

s j. shared this question 59 days ago
Answered

Dear Community,

While MindManager can be excellent and user-friendly for certain tasks, it can be quite cumbersome for others.

I have created an extensive map with five levels of hierarchy. For better visibility, I want to adjust the font size for each level, such as level 5, level 4, level 3, and so on.

However, I am unable to select a specific level on its own.

I have create a model where everything is as I desire, but unfortunately, applying the model does not alter the font size :-(

How can this be done easily? I have searched through forums, help sections, and applications, but I have not been able to find a straightforward method to avoid manually selecting each topic one by one.

Could you please provide guidance?

Replies (5)

photo

Hello s j,

You can do this in MindManager for Windows in the Advanced Theme Editor, up to 5 levels of Hierarchy.

Design Tab> Edit Theme> and choose Advanced Editor as the Editor Type.

209c44ad808d46d2b407990adf404212

Best regards,
-Marian

photo

Thank you, Marian.

I have done exactly what you showed, but it does not change the font size of my map.

I even created a style and named it to have all the levels exactly as I want, but it gets applied to my map for colors, not for the font and font size.

The only solution is to select each topic one by one and manually change the font size. :-(

photo

Thank you, Marian.

I have done exactly what you showed, but it does not change the font size of my map.

I even created a style and named it to have all the levels exactly as I want, but it gets applied to my map for colors, not for the font and font size.

The only solution is to select each topic one by one and manually change the font size. :-(

photo

Any topics that have already been customised will not be affected by a change in the underlying theme. To ensure the theme is applied to all topics:

• Select the Central Topic, then click View tab > Expand > Show all levels
  • Press Ctrl+A to select all topics
  • Click Format tab > Reset to Default.

This sets the format of each topic to the default, which is to inherit its format from the map theme.

photo

Provided you have the latest version of MindManager, another option is to create a set of SmartRules which use the topic level number to set formatting. I’ve described the technique in this post on my blog: https://sociamind.com/2024/01/09/finding-the-right-level-how-to-use-the-new-topic-level-feature-in-mindmanager/

Leave a Comment

Attach a file