Different views on same data set

hret shared this idea 2 months ago
Voting Open

I would like to see MM able to look at the same data set from different views (Maps)

Eks. In an organisation, different IT systems is all over the place, many units use the same systems, and then some don't.
I have built at Map showing organisation structure, with the IT systems they use.

Now i would like to se the same data set from an IT System Map, with the IT System as the core and not the organisation

I could do something like that with Tags and other Maps, but then i don't get Tags and Ressources shared over different Maps, and also must build everything up ones more in a new Map

Replies (2)

photo

I think I understand your idea, so I voted in favor.... but

You may consider using different views. They are possible from the view ribbon.
and I would love to see some examples (images or video.)

I use multiple maps combined via Map Rollup function to sync the info. This avoids double work.

MindManager has a lot of these GoldPlated features, functions and benefits that can take some time to find and appreciate.

photo

Hi Ary

Different views is exactly what i like to see, but the predefined views like Gantt, Tags, Schedule is not what i want, because they handle Tags and Metadata, not the Topics and Sub-Toplcs

Kind regards

Chris

photo

In that case I do not understand your question without images or video.

I have trouble understanding because you can create your own views easy Just read the help to find out.

Even better. take some time to check out one or more of the recorded webinars or learning stuff.

https://www.mindmanager.com/en/resources/

photo
photo

A few years ago I published a guide on my blog on how to create a "reverse map" simply by copying the marker index and pasting it in a new map: https://sociamind.com/2021/07/04/mindmanager-reverse-mapping-and-exporting-the-map-index/

There isn't much to it. If for example you have used tags to categorise topics in the original map these will become the main topics in the new map, with the topics they were assigned to appearing as sub-topics under each tag. There are also a few limitations; there is no way to nominate specific groups to be included or excluded in the map prior to copying so a lot of groups appearing in the new map such as fill and font colours will have to be deleted.

More importantly, the topics in the new map are really only the names of the topics as they appear listed in the Map Index; all topic information and properties originally associated with each topic in the source map will not appear in the new map based on the index. You also can't "round trip" between the two maps but this approach might save you time over building the alternate map from scratch.

photo

Hi Alex

Thank you for your reply and detailed answer.

I studied you older artickles but did'nt find that workaround method to be the solution to my request.

I would like to se MM handle data in different views, like you do with your routine "reverse mapping"

But on the same data ( not copied data ) in the same Map, like the Tags view or Gantt view, so all properties, formulars, tags, notes and so on is intact

Kind regards

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file