Colorize Flowo diagram objects

Bert A. shared this idea 7 months ago
Voting Open

I want automatic colors for flow diagram objects ...

e.g. start = green, decision = red, database = blue ... and so on.

Either get the object-class as a trigger for smartrules, or let a color be assigned to shape type in general.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Bert,

You can do this with Topic Styles. I'm attaching a map that I started creating the Topic Styles you listed, you can continue creating more as needed. Then you just select the topic and click the topic style to apply the shape and color at the same time.

6e0f56d21fb3eb7729c62c58a71de2a0

photo

Thank you vor introducing Topic Styles to me.

But the workflow would be, creating a subsequent activity in the flow-chart and then (afterwards) assign topic-style.

I want using the orginal mindmanager workflow: choosing the style of subsequent step and placing it where it should be. Color and formatting should be in place immediately that moment.

How can I automatically assign a style to a flow-chart-action?

photo

Since different elements can follow, I think automation is difficult. But with the help of SmartRules it is partly possible. A term or letter can serve as a trigger. The event is then a defined Topic Style.

photo

I do ALL my formatting with automation and smart rules.

What about introducing "shape" as a trigger for smart rules .

Then I can put coloring and icons to my flowchart objects.

How to request this from the developers?

Thx

Best Regards

Bert

photo

Hi Bert

I think I've understood it now. I can define my own colours and shapes. When I insert a new shape, it corresponds to my style, e.g. Start is always red.
It is best to set the suggestion under share an Idea.
Here I could select my own style. It would be good if I could create and select my standard style library. As with the themes.

02cdd034ed43217fc9e9dfa859383967

4735d0cffb32bb4294cda94b7af55aef

photo

Hi,

working with letters and Text for triggering a shape rule is not consistent and convenient (Text will trigger some other formatting)

I definitely would like to suggest shape style as trigger for smart rules.

How and where to place and suggest to Mindjet?

Thanks and best regards

Bert

---