Export to word failed, invalid argument error

john.doe shared this question 4 months ago
Discussion Open

Can you please assist whilst trying to export to word, operation failed, error "invalid argument"

Replies (3)

photo

This is probably a question best directed to product support, though I think support for V20 may have stopped.

One thing to check is whether the bit version of both MindManager and MS Office are the same, ie, they should both be either 32 bit or 64-bit.

photo

Test the export on a different map. The "invalid argument" error comes directly from the XML parser and can indicate a problem with a document rather than MindManager itself.

photo

Thank you for the response. I have now tried other maps. These have exported without error.

Could you give some advice on type of error within a map that could cause this error.

Thanks

photo

There are a couple of approaches. If you open a ticket with MindManager Support, they could potentially examine the map and find and fix any bad XML. This sometimes happens, and maps can sometimes be restored.

Another approach would be to make a copy of the map and modify it until it exports successfully. Begin by removing things like images, icons, tags, links or relationships a step at a time. This might narrow it down to whatever it was that got corrupted.

photo

Thank you for your assistance. Due to privacy (GDPR) issues I could not upload the map, have however managed to find the attachment that was causing the issue.

Many thanks for the support.

photo

I am glad you regained control. It sounds like there could be a bug with attachments and Word exports.

---