Category and keyword in the map proporties

René W. shared this question 5 months ago
Discussion Open

I have the following question.
I can define a category and keyword for each mind map.
As far as I know, I can't search for them and I can't use anything else.
How do you use these properties of a mind map?

7b454c7034ca92bded9085ad94e527f2

Replies (2)

photo

While you can't search for topic properties directly there are a number of alternatives. These include:

• Search for topics with specific topic properties using Find instead of Search
  • Filter on specific topic properties and then show, hide or fade matching topics with these properties
  • Use SmartRules to highlight topics with specific properties (or ones without these)

photo

Thanks Alex,

I also use the option to assign my own properties. The only question I had was whether there is a direct benefit. What are the fields for?

ab6fde4227637877f4b82441ac7e96f3

photo

Apologies René - I misread your original question and thought you were talking about topic properties, not the map properties found under File/Info.

This is a good question - I must confess I've never used these fields and like you I can't see how you can access them.

I'll keep digging!

photo

No problem, I'm currently preparing a MindManager training course and I always like to have answers ;-)

photo

Hi René,

I've been playing with this a bit more and it does seem possible to search for MindManager file map property keywords through Windows File Explorer - but not for any of the other overall map properties such as Subject or Category.

The availability of the Keywords property might be helpful in some specific use cases, but given that you can actually search for words in the contents of MM files through File Explorer, I don't know how useful this really is.

photo

Thank you Alex for your effort.

---