Automated timeline from a WBS map

Eduardo G. shared this question 5 months ago
Discussion Open

Hi all,

I would appreciate that you can help me with the following task.

I am managing a project based on a WBS map. Nevertheless, for reporting purposes I would like to create a timeline from certain topics in the map marked as milestones.

I would like to create the timeline automatically (its like having a automated view from the general WBS map). Milestones should be located along the timeline according to their dates.

I would be very thankful if you can give me some hints on how to do these operations in the simplest way possible.

Regards

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Eduardo,

I have a question for you.
Do you mean a map as a timeline or a Gantt chart?
What you can basically do. Give a task (branch) a tag or symbol and you can filter according to this. The filtered map can display a wide variety of information.
So you can filter not only by milestones, but also by specific tasks or resources. This is then also displayed in the Gantt chart.
Here is an example map with a milestone and the Gantt chart view for it

photo

Thanks for examples but I mean a timeline (see example attached).

I know that there some add-ins power point that can generate automatically a timeline from excel data.

It would be great to be able to create automatically a timeline directlty from a WBS map in Mindmanager. Any other idea??

photo

Those would be my two ideas.
From my point of view, it contains all the information I need. What information do you need in the timeline?
I know from MS Project the possibility to display MS or tasks in the timeline.
I understand your wish.
As far as I know, there is no such option. And if there is, then only via many detours. Export to MS Project and then the timeline there, etc.
What added value does it bring and does it justify the effort?
I hope my English is understandable.

f076b41ec140f9c5eef8e445949de62e

---