Win, 23.1, connections no more vertical adjustable

detlef.huss shared this question 5 months ago
Discussion Open

Since the update I cannot anymore adjust connections in vertical, only horizontal. This happens irrespective of the "Auto Adjust" option.

Replies (9)

photo

Hallo Detlef,

Meinst Du in Flussdiagrammen oder die Verbindungslinien in der Mindmap? Kannst Du bitte es noch etwas beschreiben. Ich habe es gerade in einer Mindmap versucht, mir ist nichts aufgefallen. Ich konnte in alle Richtungen verändern.

René

e4d9fa0f2ce61458e0890c9076e04557

photo

Hi Detlef,

Can you post an image to show in more detail what you are referring to? There were changes to how adjusting relationship lines work, but the intention was to make it more intuitive, maybe something that changed was not intuitive for you and I'd love to better understand your issue.

photo

It works well by my side

photo

I remember the following effect a few days ago.
I had created a mind map with dependencies in an older MM version. I opened the map in 23.1 and it still looked like this. I wanted the new representation of the lines. Only when I copied the branches and pasted them into the same mind map, the lines were displayed in the new way.

f7b880c5f8b7b607216b2ad0df897650

photo

8e5a1432349f9b2bd163b03d9590a196

I would like to be able to rearrange the connection lines by the handles, not only horizontally, but also vertically. This was possible until 23.0.154, no more with 23.1.240.

photo

I'm having trouble with Bezier Relationships in a similar way. The relationship between Box 3 & 4 was created before updating to the latest version. The bezier handles could move easily. The relationship between Box 4 & 5 was created today. I can move the anchor point, but not the bezier handles -- they are locked into only vertical or horizontal adjustment. (second image) Please fix!

027475b13d0354e2fa5ca54696d798c9 075957191d5f9ee1d89198e9e0ce2ec2

photo

Hi Beth,
I was only informed by the system about a new comment yesterday. It's already a few days old. Has your question been answered with the last comment?

photo

If you drag the anchor point downwards, you can also move it downwards. You have two points to drag.
or you can change the shape
Each relationship form has its own way of organising the connection.

1ca99749037b1a1f206e19f9702c56d9

photo

Hi Detlef, thank you for your feedback. We have made several improvements to the relationship lines in 23.1. With this update, routing follows the shortest logical path to its destination and minimizes crossover with other relationship lines.

1. You can now easily adjust the position of the anchor point to where the cursor is located in a more precise way compared to our pre-productions.
  2. Relationship lines will now always be perpendicular to the topic's edge, resulting in smoother and more aesthetically pleasing lines.

Due to those changes, you can no longer change the location of the connection point using the handle, to change the location of the connection point you must drag the blue double-circle connection anchor. As a result, it’s possible to adjust only the curvature of the line for a sharper or smoother shape without changing the position in 23.1.
c13a18fef892ab9df776a82832d38463

---