Lost some Boundaries after upgrading to MM Windows 23.1 from 21

Aaron S. shared this question 5 months ago
Answered

I have a frustrating problem with Boundaries that started after I upgraded to MM Windows 23.1 from MM Windows 21. I observe that when I expand a level in a map that has boundaries in one of the hidden levels, the boundary is gone in v23.1, but was there in v21.

An example may help. In v21, my weekly planner template looks like this:

928cadc37084ee0418d3e575840c9d34

and when I expand one of the branches, it looks like this:

3dbe4e73bb9204171681ee029b7b5ec1

Frustratingly, when I expand the same branch in v23.1, I get this:

ecca0e44bf8ee90715efff1e3490daba

The boundary lines and fills that are visible after expanding in v21 have vanished in v23.1. This occurs with boundaries that are not visible when the file is opened.

Any suggestions would be VERY helpful. Is there something buried in Options that I need to turn on (that I didn't need to turn on with any previous version)?

Thanks,
Aaron

Replies (2)

photo

Perhaps this will help some diagnose the problem and recommend a fix (or less cumbersome work around).

It seems that the boundaries that are not visible in v23.1 have not been removed, but are not visible. Here are two things that I noticed:

1. If I edit a map in v23.1 and save it, then open the same map in v21, the boundary lines and fills are where they should be. If I reopen that map in v23.1, the boundary lines and fills are not visible.

2, If I fully expand a branch, then delete a visible boundary, the other boundaries reappear in that expanded branch. If I click undo, then the deleted boundary reappears and the boundaries and fills that reappeared stay visible. Unfortunately, if I collapse that branch and then reexpand it, the boundaries that had reappeared are no longer visible.

Needless to say, this is highly frustrating. I'm going to keep using v21 until I hear a fix on this, except on my new Windows 11 laptop which needs to have a version later than v21. The new install on the new Windows 11 laptop exhibits the same boundary behavior as my Windows 10 workstation that I upgraded from v21 to v23.1.

Please help.

Thanks,
Aaron

photo

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reporting the problem. We were able to reproduce the issue and will fix it soon.

Thanks,

Alex

photo

Thanks, Alex. Looking forward to the fix.

photo

I think I have the same issue. Sometimes boundaries, including callouts from those boundaries do not display. If a add another boundary (often to the parent or elsewhere), then the missing boundary shows up. Definitely a bug.

photo

The problem is NOT fixed in version 23.1.243.

I have been checking weekly to see if there was an update to MindManager, and I was quite excited to see that the new version was available. Unfortunately the problem that I reported in October still remains. Back in October you were "able to reproduce the issue" and said that you "will fix it soon."

WHEN WILL THIS PROBLEM BE FIXED?

Thanks,
Aaron

photo

Hi Aaron,

This issue will be addressed in MindManager 23.2, specific timing tbd but I would say in the next 2-3 months. Please accept our apologies for the bug fix not making it in to the 23.1.243 release.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Thanks, Marian. I'll look forward to version 23.2 in the next few months.

Thanks,
Aaron

photo

I just installed v23.2.209 and I'm thrilled that the problem with the lost boundaries has been fixed.

Thank you!

photo

Thanks for confirming on your end, Aaron.

Best,

-Marian

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file