Generate a list of topic labels inside a topic

Adam M. shared this question 6 months ago
Answered

Possibilities or alternatives:

Use case: I have a list of members of a group that are also part of various sub-groups. In one main topic, I have the main group. In other main topics, I have each sub-group. The people in the main group are also members of one or more sub-group. I don't want to duplicate the members on the map.

I don't want to duplicate the names of the members in the subgroups, so I'm wondering if I can add a tag to each individual that represents the subgroup they are a member. Then have have a list of topic labels that have that filter display inside a subtopic under the subgroup.

If that makes sense, is it possible to generate a list of topics, by filter, and embed that within another topic?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Adam,

I still can’t quite work out exactly what you are trying to do, but it is possible to tag each person with their subgroup membership. If they are members of more than one group and you are using tags from the same marker group you will need to make sure the Exclusive option is unticked.

Also have a look at an article I wrote a while back on reverse mapping the marker index: https://sociamind.com/2021/07/04/mindmanager-reverse-mapping-and-exporting-the-map-index/#more-1092

This may not do exactly what you want but it might give you some ideas.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Adam,

I still can’t quite work out exactly what you are trying to do, but it is possible to tag each person with their subgroup membership. If they are members of more than one group and you are using tags from the same marker group you will need to make sure the Exclusive option is unticked.

Also have a look at an article I wrote a while back on reverse mapping the marker index: https://sociamind.com/2021/07/04/mindmanager-reverse-mapping-and-exporting-the-map-index/#more-1092

This may not do exactly what you want but it might give you some ideas.

photo

Thanks Alex. This does the trick. I appreciate it.

photo

Could you draw it in a table (background shape) instead of a tree? One row per member, and a column for each subgroup.

---