Trigger filter on click oder with get parameter (HTML5-Export)

Bastian B. shared this question 6 months ago
Discussion Open

Hi!

Is it possible to trigger a specific filter in case of a) clicking an element on the map (e.g. Button) or b) when opening the map with a specific url get parameter (e.g. map.html?filter=plants)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Bastian

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Bastian,

What effect do you want to achieve? Can you give an example?
You might be able to achieve something with SmartRules.

photo

Here is an example of effects

Would this be such an effect?

photo

Hi René,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, Smart Rules doesn't help in my case.

The content of my map is completely tagged by responsibilities. For now, every user has to click on the filter button and choose the right tag in order to see the relevant content. I want to make it easier for the users by provide a link which will cause an automatic activation of the specific tag.

My workaround is to export the map(s) with an active tag, but maybe there is an easier way?

photo

Hi Bastian,

Yes, that is a different approach. It would be good to see only the filtered information.
I was just thinking, which parameter do you want to pass so that the content corresponds to the corresponding person?

there is the question of effort and benefit.
Is one click too much or are the users among themselves not allowed to see the information?

photo

Hi René,

in my opinion, the click itself is not that important. The problem is that the "normal user" doesn't find the option to filter the map in HTML5 mode. The UI elements are too small compared to the map content. I tested it a couple of times and always noticed the same problem. Therefore I would like to create a possibility to call filters within the map.

photo

good morning,
You're right. The filter function or the bar is not immediately understandable or easy to find.
I often have a note in the mind map on how to use it.

photo

Yes, I've done that in a similar way. Thanks for your support.

---