When is the topic level SmartRules trigger coming to the Windows version?

Alex G. shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

I see from the release notes for MindManager for Mac 23 https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/UImzDYFdd0vwanJnfapb2I92ZpHhRX0MLyRwUpAp that topic level has been added to the Mac version as a SmartRules trigger.

This is great for Mac users, but I'm wondering when it will be added in the Windows version. It's frustrating to have this so near and yet still unavailable for Windows users, especially when I have been asking for this for the last five years or so (and yes, I know it's in the MAP for MindManager add-in, but it should still be a core product feature).

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Alex,

The Topic Level trigger will also be in MindManager Windows 23.1, which is due to be released later this year.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Great. Thanks

photo

Good news

photo

As well as using topic level as a SmartRule trigger, will it also be possible to search and filter based on topic level?

photo

If the topic level becomes a SmartRule trigger, then you would be able to mark topics at specific levels with icons or tags, and filter on those.

photo

Hi Nick,

Yes, I had assumed that would be the case. However, it would be great to be able to avoid the step of having to set multiple SmartRules with separate triggers to add different tags or icons for every topic level just so you could filter on topic level.

While I am very pleased that topic level has finally made it as a SmartRule trigger, ideally you would be able to use topic level directly with power select/filter, just like any other attribute.

MindManager should also look at the approach adopted by the MAP add-in with its topic level feature. This actually has two facilities: the ability to create an extended topic property based on topic level, and a separate command to select topics by topic level. Integrating this approach, plus making topic level available in power select and filter, would make this a much more powerful feature.

---