how to add a category in a fish bone diagram

Thyrone shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

The fish bone diagram template has 6 categories. How to add more categories?

Best Answer
photo

In the MindManager 23 template, the fishbone skeleton is a grouped background object made up of line objects. Right-click in the map and click "Unlock all background objects", then click on one of the lines. When the "Group 1" object is selected, right-click on it and click Group > Ungroup. You can now copy a line and extend the backbone to create a new category.

I must admit that personally I think this is a very awkward way to draw a fishbone diagram. You will spend more time manually rearranging things than thinking about the real issues.

Replies (2)

photo

If i understand your question right ??
3ab32939038c8abcb3478d203abd42c6

photo

In the MindManager 23 template, the fishbone skeleton is a grouped background object made up of line objects. Right-click in the map and click "Unlock all background objects", then click on one of the lines. When the "Group 1" object is selected, right-click on it and click Group > Ungroup. You can now copy a line and extend the backbone to create a new category.

I must admit that personally I think this is a very awkward way to draw a fishbone diagram. You will spend more time manually rearranging things than thinking about the real issues.

photo

Thank you NicK. I overlooked the grouped background option.

You are right. I expected it to function like a normal mindmanager map. But the setup is understandable.

---