New Outlook for Windows - 2024

Ethan M. shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

I understand the new Outlook for Windows will no longer have the ToDo (Task Function). Tasks or MS Planner will handle tasks.

What is the plan for MindManager to be able to send tasks to "MS Planner" or Tasks in MS 365? Is there a plan? Will Mindmanager synch with Office 365?

Replies (4)

photo

At first I thought this was a scam…

Actually I’ve just read up on the changes to Outlook and I’m more confused than ever.

photo

Hi Ethan,
MindManager Subscription program already supports MS 365. I use MS Lists to synch my tasks. works very good.

Here are three short videos from one of my webinars. They show how to add SP libraries as storage location in MindManager Desktop
Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and MindManager https://vimeo.com/715889060
Here is how to synchronize tasks between MindManager and SharePoint
Tasks from MindManager to MS TEAMS https://vimeo.com/703659632
Tasks from MS TEAMS to MindManager https://vimeo.com/703659559

I've created my own template for MS 365 synch. Videos and template are in German.

There are more plans about integration and interface to MS 365. Hope to get details info's at the MindManager Spot on in November in Germany 😀

btw: activating the new task handling in Outlook is an option. You still can you the legacy tasks 😉

Regards Andreas

photo

Thanks for the feedback. My apologies if my question appeared to be a scam.

There are some very serious changes coming to Outlook desktop for Windows. I use the feature to sync tasks between MM and Outlook. Then in Outlook, my tasks are set up by start date, so only tasks that start "today" are seen. Organizing by Start date instead of Due date gives me a lot of control to hit deadlines on time. My concern is if the Windows Outlook desktop eliminates "tasks" and moves to todo or planner, the function of seeing work by start date with a filter to ensure only seeing the current dates will be eliminated.

I don't see any movement from MM on how it will address my question.

Andreas, I appreciate the information above. However, what is missing is the filtering ability in Outlook to a) sort by start date and high all other tasks until their start date and b) cross-assign tasks to others who may not be on Microsoft 365.

I'll search for the "new task handling in Outlook" to see if it works with the start date filter.

Thanks,

Jerry

I cannot get an answer from Microsoft on the changes.

I also do not know what is taking place with Mind Manger on the ability to sych with Outlook.

photo

Thanks for the reply.

Alex G - My apologies if it seemed like a scam. MS is making a set series of changes to Outlook. You can visit the Microsoft Website for more details. Here is a link to the changes - Link

Andreas - Thank you for the links; I will look at them for additional details.

My concern is that having lists of tasks in a list sorted by due date or start date is not helpful. I need the capacity to filter all lists by start date. All items with a start date after the current date are hidden. The items only appear when on the start date.

I'll follow up once I have checked the links below.

Jerry

photo

thank you Ethan.

I stay on and talk to MindManager

photo

Hi everyone,

Microsoft is ending support for COM and VSTO add-ins in the new Outlook and MindManager's Outlook integration is a COM add-in. To continue to use the Outlook integration for email queries, tasks and appointments, you will need to continue to use Outlook Classic.

Outlook add-ins overview - Office Add-ins | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Thank you. Will the Outlook Classic continue or will come to and end when the new Outlook is rolled out?

Thank you.

photo

I can't imagine Microsoft would end support for Outlook Classic anytime soon as many users, particularly larger enterprises, rely on add-ins that will not work with the new Outlook. Here is a link to Microsoft's Product Lifecycle page -
Microsoft Lifecycle Policy | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

We'll still use Outlook classic and never switch to the new version unless we've do.

We still not use the new to-do tasks and I even have deactivated the new vertical apps ribbon in Outlook.

---