Integrated snipping feature

Nick D. shared this idea 8 months ago
Voting Open

When working with maps, I frequently take screen shots of a small area of a map to help explain or document ideas. The Windows tools for doing this are evolving into over-specified standalone solutions. It would be great to have a quick and simple tool integrated into MindManager for drawing a lasso in the map and copying it to the clipboard as an image in one click.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Nick, do you envisage this to include the formatting such as number of topics as a node, or to have options?

photo

Hello Greg - yes, just a screen shot of a section of the map as it appears.

photo

years ago there was a add-in to Snagit / TechSmith.. this was perfect and I still use Snagit for my screenshots.

If you need a shot from a whole branch, use copy / paste and zooming 100%

This gives you a perfect image of the whole topic structure.

photo

Thanks Andreas. Is the SnagIt add-in still available?

photo

No I'm sorry - Snagit Add-Ins

But the offer an interface. Maybe you can create an add-in 🤔😁❓

photo

The break-even on an Add-in is about 100,000 snips. I will think about it :-)

photo

I use Snagit. Even without a dedicated add-in it takes only a few clicks after you first size the area to be captured in Snagit Capture - one to take the image and then, once the Snagit Editor automatically opens, another right click to copy the image to the clipboard.

There's also an option to share to individual programs and while MindManager isn't listed, as Andreas says there is a program interface which presumably allows you to set up parameters for other applications. Personally though I don't think it's worth the bother - just go to MM, select the relevant topic or location, and paste.

photo

Hi Alex, I do it the same way. Snagit shortcut is "Print" on your keyboard and then paste it.

In the MM Options I activated "Paste new images as thumbnails"

edaccba653d8d04cf974ecbab3206f74

Works perfect for me.

---