Deploy MindManger via Microsoft Endpoint Manager(Intune)

Jeff M. shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

I am looking to deploy MindManager through the Apps section of Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), but we keep getting a failure. I cannot seem to find anything directly related to this, so I followed the Large Scale Deployment guide and used the switches for the .MSI file.

The app sits at "Pending" for a couple days, and eventually fails with "This operation returned because the timeout period expired. (0x8001011F)".

Has anyone ever successfully deployed via MEM?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Jeff,

This is not a supported deployment method at this time. However, if you can provide the log files, I will ask our development team to review and check if there is anything obvious that is causing the failure.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

From what I have determined, it does not like the commands to install, and is easily reproduced running locally.

msiexec /i "MindManager.msi" /v LICENSEKEY="OURLICENSEKEY" RESOURCELANGUAGE="English" COMPANYNAME="COMPANY" ADDLOCAL="All" ENABLEBOX="0" DROPBOXENABLED="0" GOOGLEDRIVEENABLED="0" COEDITENABLED="0" /qn

the above just opens the msiexe help context box. removing all options and leaving /qn does not install and does not an give error

the MindManager.msi is the one that is included in the Admin Deployment from the MM admin site

photo

Thanks for the information. Please check the name of the MSI extracted from Zip archive and ensure it matches what you have in the command prompt.

If that is not the issue, open a case with our Technical Support Team here -
MindManager Support

photo

Hey, we are deploying MindManager via Intune/Endpoint Manager.

Did you convert the .msi into .intunewin? https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/apps-win32-prepare

The Installation Commands im using are: msiexec /i "MindManager 22.msi" /qn

It works for around 2 years now with this setup, only the .intunewin needs to be updated every year for the new version

---