Intra-map link navigation

Dean C. shared this question 9 months ago
Discussion Open

When you click on a link to jump to another topic (perhaps in a separate map), is there a way to jump back to the clicked link? Like the back button on a web browser. If not, could this be considered for the future?

Thanks.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Dean,

One possibility drag the branch to another branch and select reciprocal Link from the menu. Then you have a connection between the branches.

3a4799e58c150e11a37d4829d4fd0e32

https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/map-navigator/

Here you will find another possibility.

René

photo

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like reciprocal links works across different maps, only within the same map. An example of my use case is a software development task, where there's a map for requirements, and maps for UI and data processing modules, testing, documentation, etc. Many topics could refer to a single requirement topic. It would be useful to be able to jump to the requirement topic, then jump back to whichever map/topic I came from.

Map Navigator looks interesting, we'll have to look into it some more. Thanks again.

photo

This is a use case of mine where I use the Flip Workbook.

1. mind map with the WBS for my project "What do I have to do?"

c90940201b0cd968136bc023fb19829f
2. mind map with the process description
"How and why do I have to do this?"

df6dde49c363fe34bbd197f3d9b5cd07

I switch between the linked MindMaps via the Flipbook button.

I can also create my own menu bar with the App Studio.

2d7826b288016090b8965a7ad15e4e50

photo

photo

Hi Rene,

hab von Nick ein Update von Flip Workbook bekommen und es auf Deutsch übersetzt.

d9ce5579be06671b63fc4c5a4d2a3da0

Willst es haben?

Lg Andreas

photo

While the reciprocal link facility isn't available between maps, the simple Insert Link option does work - you just need to do it in each direction.

Move the second map to a new window, and drag the topic in question from the first map to the relevant topic in the second and choose Insert Link from the menu. A link will be inserted back to the relevant topic in the first map. Then drag this topic back the first map and repeat the process to insert a link back to the original topic.

photo

this also works good with MM23 and two screens 😀

photo

Hi Dean,

you've to create the back link by yourself.

1. Right click on the goal topic - copy as a link
  2. back to the starting map and activate the topic where you want the link
  3. Ctrl + V - this works with MM23

Regards, Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas,

Doesn't doing this create a copy of the topic back in the starting map?

photo

Hi Alex,

yes that's true. You can move the link to the topic you want to and then delete to copy of the topic.

Smooth and easy 😁

photo

Hi Andreas,

That's true, but that doesn't seem quite as smooth and easy as the Insert Link approach I described.

---