smart rule for topic

Jörg shared this question 9 months ago
Discussion Open

I have a smart rule for a sub topic which sets a symbol.
Is it possible to get this symbol although directly on the topic of this branch by a smart rule ?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Jörg,

my idea:
1. via SmartRules, a symbol sets a special value = Symbol_Wert
2. via a formula: Symbol_Wert_Abfrage the value comes into the main topic
3. the special symbol is set for the value via SmartRules.

Not an elegant solution, but it works.

863d26f29f1b5e8b835132712bbe0474

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jörg,

at first glance, I have no idea for an overarching topic. What do you want to achieve with it? Can you describe it a bit more? Maybe there is another solution.

photo

Hope this help to understand my question.....
24f1785916874d5d526bf3c493e58835

photo

Hi Jörg,

my idea:
1. via SmartRules, a symbol sets a special value = Symbol_Wert
2. via a formula: Symbol_Wert_Abfrage the value comes into the main topic
3. the special symbol is set for the value via SmartRules.

Not an elegant solution, but it works.

863d26f29f1b5e8b835132712bbe0474

photo

Hi René,
fine it works - thanks.

photo

Yes, I was about to suggest something like this.

The only variation I would suggest is that if you already are using a SmartRule to set an icon on the subtopic, you could simply add a second effect to this rule add the icon/symbol value, rather than create a second SmartRule to do this.

photo

Hi Alex,
you are right and additional for me I set don't show the property values.

9be822931009add9f7ab1f80dc3d192a

photo

If you have a small number of icons and you want to show the most important on the parent topic, you can use the SmartRules property number effect to number them in priority order. You can then use MAX rather than SUM in the formula on the parent topic, and then create SmartRules on the parent topic to show the relevant icon depending on the maximum number within the subtopics given by the formula.

photo

Hi Alex,

Can you please explain in more detail how we can use smart rules top prioritize the order of icons.

I appreciate this is slightly off topic, but I understand that we can not move icons such as a drag and drop option or simply drag the icon into a custom order.

---