Allow to use different editor in Notes.

Anatolie P. shared this question 10 months ago
Discussion Open

Is it possible to use external editor instead of internal one which has limited features?

Best Answer
photo

As far as I know it's not possible to use an external editor interactively within MindManager as a replacement for the existing topic notes editor. The ability to do so and/or the replacement of the built-in editor have both been requested a number of times. I can only hope this is on the MindManager to-do list of improvements.

For the time being you could experiment with using an external editor like Word and pasting the resulting document in topic notes. You may lose some features but a surprising amount of the original document's formatting and layout will be retained, including some aspects which are more difficult or impossible to apply if you create the material entirely in topic notes. Provided you are making only minor changes you can also edit the imported text in topic notes and retain the imported formatting.

Replies (2)

photo

As far as I know it's not possible to use an external editor interactively within MindManager as a replacement for the existing topic notes editor. The ability to do so and/or the replacement of the built-in editor have both been requested a number of times. I can only hope this is on the MindManager to-do list of improvements.

For the time being you could experiment with using an external editor like Word and pasting the resulting document in topic notes. You may lose some features but a surprising amount of the original document's formatting and layout will be retained, including some aspects which are more difficult or impossible to apply if you create the material entirely in topic notes. Provided you are making only minor changes you can also edit the imported text in topic notes and retain the imported formatting.

photo

If you're looking to use a different text editor for taking notes instead of the default Notes app on your device, there are a few options you can consider:

1. Third-Party Note-Taking Apps: Explore third-party note-taking apps available for your device that offer more advanced features and allow you to choose your preferred text editor. Some popular note-taking apps include Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, Google Keep, Bear, Notion, and Simplenote. These apps often provide a variety of formatting options, organizational tools, and the ability to integrate with other apps and services.
  2. Text Editors with Note-Taking Capabilities: Consider using text editors that are versatile and can be used for note-taking purposes. Examples include Notepad++ (for Windows), Sublime Text, Atom, or Visual Studio Code. These editors offer a range of features, customizable settings, and support for various programming of TikTuk MC. While they may have a steeper learning curve compared to dedicated note-taking apps, they provide powerful editing capabilities.

photo

SCAM

---