How to edit template to remove 'topic property'?

Russell . shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

SHORT version: Every time I create a new topic, there is a property called 'Title' that I don't want there.

LONG version: I am trying to create a Work Breakdown Structure(WBS) template for my use and the closest I find in MM, is the 'Hierarchical Org Chart'. I have duplicated that. However, the connector lines are not what I want and, more problematic, is it has a property that's called 'Title' that appears on every topic I create. I have to manually remove them one at a time. I can't select all topics and remove all at once.

How do I remove the property from all the topics in the template?

Thanks for any guidance.

Best Answer
photo

This template uses a Smart Rule to automatically add the topic property. You can disable this by going to Advanced > Smart Rules > Edit Rules and disabling the "Title Property" rule. The modified map can then be saved as a new template if you want to re-use it.

Replies (2)

photo

This template uses a Smart Rule to automatically add the topic property. You can disable this by going to Advanced > Smart Rules > Edit Rules and disabling the "Title Property" rule. The modified map can then be saved as a new template if you want to re-use it.

photo

Ahhh.. Smart Rules. Yes, that was it exactly. Thank you Nick.

---