Can I Talk to the Hand? :D

Wes O. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

Hi,

Is there any way to drag left to right OTHER than the toolbar at the bottom of the screen?

Many programs have a "hand" tool that allows one to scroll left and right from anywhere on the screen. Does MindManager have any similar interaction? Such that, I could, for example, press the space bar and then the cursor would change to a hand and I could drag the map left and right? Or, is left-and-right ONLY via the scrollbar at the bottom of the screen?

Sincerely,

Wes

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Wes

In MindManager for Windows, if you click and hold in the background, the cursor changes to a hand and you can drag the map in any direction. I don't know about the other platforms but would expect this to be supported there too.

There is also the map thumbnail feature at the bottom right of the map window. Clicking on this expands a thumbnail view of the entire map, which can be dragged in any direction.

photo

Hi,

Ah! Thanks.

On my machine there's about a 1-second lag clicking and holding. Couple of questions - is there any way to eliminate that? Moving around is pretty important so...that's a lot of clicking and waiting. Could I, for instance, bind it to Control & Spacebar? That might be a bit more immediately responsive?

Thanks!

Wes

photo

On my computer it works instantaneous. (Windows 10 / MindManager vs 23 for windows / all 64 bits)
And I can start dragging immediate with my mouse / mousepad.
There is no need to switch from keyboard (shortcut) to mouse or mousepad.

photo

I don't think there is a way to configure the delay. It could be added as a suggestion. You might find that right-clicking and dragging has no lag.

photo

Hello Ary & Nick!

Ary! - sounds like there's no delay on your machine. I follow.

Nick! - WOW! RIGHT-clicking DOES squash the delay for me. GREAT! That's HUGE help. Alright! NOW...to discover all the bells and whistles.

Thanks to you both!

Wes

---