Is mindManager 2023 made for 100+ large picture files?

Eagle shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

I was wondering if MM is made for having a map with different years and some photos. Maybe ending up with 100 photos.

Is it possible that MM will only show a small version of the photo, but with the option to open the actual file?

So like one can see 100 photos as a preview but the MM file size is just 5-6mb because the acutal photo is not stored in the MM file.

Best Answer
photo

IF you use thumbnail images in a MindManager map, it still stores the original image in the map so that it can be displayed at full size by clicking on the thumbnail. So this does not keep the map size down.

I think what you need is a small image stored in the map (not necessarily embedded as a thumbnail image in the topic), with a hyperlink to the original image. This will produce a small and fast MindManager map, but relies on the images being stored external to the map.

Replies (5)

photo

You have slightly conflicting questions here.

"I was wonder if MM is made for having a map with different years and some photos. Maybe ending up with 100 photos."

Response: It is not made for that but you CAN do that with it.

"Is it possible that MM will only show a small version of the photo, but with the option to open the actual file?"

Response: Yes. There is an option to insert Images as Thumbnails to your topics.

"So like one can see 100 photos as a preview but the MM file size is just 5-6mb because the acutal photo is not stored in the MM file."

Response: ????? WHY ??? What do you actually want?

photo

Hi Arvy,

I want to create a map of let's say past 20 years with great pictures - memories. I would put the pictures and the MM file in the same folder and ideally, even if i use 100 pictures (20 mb each picture) as thumbnails, the MM app on windows shuld remain super fast.

photo

This can be done with MindManager vs 23 for windows.

If - after you entered several years with images - you want it even faster, you may consider to have a dashboard map with all years and submaps per years

You do that via - click on a year topic with right mouse and select Send To to create a submap in one go.

photo

IF you use thumbnail images in a MindManager map, it still stores the original image in the map so that it can be displayed at full size by clicking on the thumbnail. So this does not keep the map size down.

I think what you need is a small image stored in the map (not necessarily embedded as a thumbnail image in the topic), with a hyperlink to the original image. This will produce a small and fast MindManager map, but relies on the images being stored external to the map.

photo

I will do it that way. I will reduce the image quality by 90% so just a small preview with the hyperlink. Thank you.

---