Why is there is there a few seconds delay when copying text from a website to Mindmanager?

D P. shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

When I copy text (Ctrl + C) from a website and paste it into Mindmanager as a topic there is a few seconds delay. I have just migrated from Mindmanager pro 6 and the copy and paste was instant.

Why is there a delay?

Can I copy and paste text without carrying across the formatting from the website so it appears in Mindmanager as the default font?

Replies (2)

photo

Can anyone who uses Mindmanager 2023 try this on their system to see if there is a delay?

It is nothing to do with my system. I have an i7 processor, 32 GB RAM & an SSD drive.

photo

Does the text you are copying contain links?

Version 23 has a new feature which automatically detects any links in imported text and adds them as hyperlinks to the relevant topics. I've found that this can cause a brief delay, especially where there are several links, compared to copying and pasting text without any links.

And in answer to your question regarding how to apply default MindManager formatting to copied text, simply click on the Paste icon under Clipboard in MindManager and choose Paste Unformatted Text. This will remove all formatting - as well as all links - so the text should adopt the default MindManager topic font.

photo

The 'Paste Unformatted Text' worked as I wanted. The text appears instantly when pasting. To make it the default method of pasting i.e. when you use 'Ctrl + v' uncheck the box as shown in the image below. Thanks.

photo

Thanks - I’d forgotten that you could also set this as the default in Options. It’s a shame though that there isn’t a choice both here and within individual maps to paste unformatted text but still retain the links facility introduced in version 23.

---