Different Forms for the same: Time slots Gantt and Map View

christian-hostettler shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Questions to the developers: Why does Mindmanager show me a form with start time and end time in the Gantt view? Where else do these shows appear, where can they be made visible....?

And above all: Why do the two planning forms differ, although they both have exactly the same function?

Thanks

dbb88e0cbd0a12354f7ca7b9193a768d

Replies (6)

photo

Even though the Task Info pane does not currently support time values on the start and due dates, these are still used internally. If two tasks with durations defined in hours are connected with a dependency, then the second task will start on an hour boundary, not a day boundary. The task editor in Gantt exposes the time component as it provides more detailed scheduling capabilities.

photo

Thank you for your reply. We know that date values are always filed with a time stamp. But from a usability point of view this is not clear to me. May I ask how you as a supporter can explain this to a customer? What is the sense of this inconsistency? How should he work where and when? (The question is not why there is a time and why not...).

photo

I think it is just a temporary inconsistency, and there may not be a deeper practical reason. When Gantt Pro was first released, it was an Enterprise level feature and the ability to edit task times was one of the differentiating features.

You can schedule projects by using the task info pane and by sliding the task bars in the Gantt chart to adjust timings. It is not obligatory to use the task editor in the Gantt view to edit the detail of a task.

photo

Good morning, Mr. Hostettler,

In Gantt Pro you have the possibility to display the start of the working day, as well as times for tasks. But this has to be switched on manually via the Gantt Pro options. You can also deactivate this again by deactivating the corresponding option in the Gantt Pro options.

9425a4f7f5415b1f6ec09183a40fc53d

If you are planning in units of minutes or hours you can zoom in Gantt Pro to the level of minutes (Highest granularity in Charting in Gantt Pro)

It would have been an enormous effort to include this in the MindManager interface, so these functions are only available in Gantt Pro.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

photo

See following post

photo

Hello, and thank you for your explanation, which I can well understand. Nevertheless, it is permissible to ask how such an operating concept is to be explained in a training course. I cannot tell my users that the technicians were overwhelmed with the implementation of this function in Mindmanager...

In a situation where one is trying to familiarise oneself with a tool that is still unknown, such hurdles are harmful. Unfortunately, there are too many of them.

Recently, a Gantt chart can no longer be opened within Mindmanager, as this option is no longer available after the reduction of Gantt and GanttPro to GanttPro. In concrete terms, this means that you can enter date, duration and effort in the Mindmap environment or in the Map view, but in order to additionally define a time, I have to switch to the possibly very unsuitable Gantt view. That can't be it!

You only have to think in terms of daily structures: Imagine planning a one-day seminar. While I can easily plan a project over days and months within the Map view, a smaller-scale planning in the day horizon is NOT possible in the same way.

Ergo, as a trainer I have to point out that a workflow from the one (usual) case does not work in day strutcure....

I don't understand what is good about this.

---