Notes Panel always reset for Published Maps

Mahesh S. shared this question 12 months ago
Discussion Open

Not sure if anyone else flagged this. Below are the steps to recreate the issue

1. Publish a map to the cloud which has thoughts with notes

2. When viewing the thought with the note, the default space for notes is not wide enough. I would adjust the window of notes to widen it to show my images or notes.

3a. Assumption: I would have assumed if I adjusted the width of the notes window already if I move to the next thought notes window will stay intact.

3b. As-Is: If I jump from one thought to another with notes, every time the notes window width is reset. It is very irritating to keep adjusting the notes window width when jumping from one thought to anothere4dbbf54320bd4ee5374148d0fbbd2d2

Resolution Option

1. Provide a configuration option to allow the user to choose the note window width

2. Once the note window is adjusted then persist the settings throughout the session.

Replies (3)

photo

I agree, and I think you should post this as an idea as well.

photo

It appears that the Notes panel width is persisted correctly if you export the map to HTML5 and access the file locally. It only seems to reset at each new selection when hosted on the publishing server.

photo

I just tested with HTML5 export, and the issue is present even within HTML5 exported file.

photo

Thanks for the bug report Mahesh, I will escalate this with the team.

photo

Thanks Sia!

Just a honest question. What might be the turnaround time of resolving this?

Mahesh

---