How to backup MindManager settings

Cleo H. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

I'm doing a backup from all my software settings, and i realized that in MindManager I'm just backing up my maps, libraries etc. but not the software settings, can someone guide me to fine those settings so I can backup them.

Thanks a lot

Best Answer
photo

Hello Cleo

User settings are stored in the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mindjet\MindManager\22\Settings

Your backup utility may be able to save registry keys, or you could use RegEdit to export this key to a .reg file and archive that.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Cleo

User settings are stored in the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mindjet\MindManager\22\Settings

Your backup utility may be able to save registry keys, or you could use RegEdit to export this key to a .reg file and archive that.

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot for your time, I used RegEdit to export the settings folder from the path you gave me and now i have a *.reg file.

Now if i need to use this file on a new installation, how can i use it?

Is this post from Ezekiel M. really spam, it looks like something created with ChatGPT, is this a real user? What's the point in all this if it's not a user?

Thanks Nick again for everything

photo

Hello Cleo

If you double-click on a .reg file from Windows explorer (or put it on the desktop and double-click it), Windows will offer to apply the settings to the registry.

The post from "Ezekiel M" contains a malicious web site link at the very end, so don't click on the ellipses after the last word. But what is more concerning is that this was very likely written by ChatGPT but is factually incorrect, even though it sounds reasonable. It is generalised from the descriptions of how many other apps store data and settings, so as a blended average it is valid for none of them.

photo

Hi Nick,

I really love this program, but sometimes I don’t get why can we have “normal and easy” solutions like other programs, provably it would be a technical thing that I don’t understand but anyway,

as always thanks a lot for your time Nick,

---