I have a license key -- Is it really necessary for me to log in every time I start MindManager?

Martin L. shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

I have a perpetual license for MindManager 21. I have entered the license key, yet every time I want to start the program, I have to log in, and most times I just give up and use another more convenient tool to capture my ideas. This is preventing me from using MindManager in my daily work, because I use a password manager to keep this password.

I could of course choose a more easy to remember password, but I must admit I don't understand why you cannot verify my use of the application by license key alone as was the case for years, and is the case for every other application I have seen. Even websites at least remember my login for days or weeks.

When this behavior first appeared I assumed that it was a passing thing, an obvious blocker bug, that would quickly be fixed because it prevented registered users from using the application.

MindManager used to be my primary way to capture and organize ideas, but over the last months I have simply not used it because of this barrier, and I've instead used more lightweight methods.

Replies (3)

photo

As far as I know it is only once every 30 days.

I assume you have your ideas more often?

photo

我有 MindManager 21 的永久许可证。现在软件提示我:超过30天未使用,许可证密钥失效!这个怎么解决?

photo

Go to SUPPORT via the MindManager website

https://www.mindmanager.com/en/support/

it may be that you have to use the china version

photo

I don't have to log in every time, which doesn't mean that this frustrating problem is not occurring. It means only that (a) the product can work properly under certain conditions and (b) there is some specific technical reason that your system thinks it needs to revalidate each time. There might be a user in this forum who has encountered this before and knows exactly what to do. There is also a FAQ here about proxy and registry configuration which might be a clue. If not, then opening a case with MindManager support should resolve this.

photo

Hi Martin,

Under normal circumstances, your MindManager account sign in information is stored across sessions, so you should not have to sign in again after doing so the first time (within reason as the sign information will expire after some period).

If you are needing to sign in every time you use the app, that is not the intended behavior. Please open a technical support ticket so that we can investigate the cause and hopefully resolve it for you: https://www.mindmanager.com/en/support/contact/

---