Gantt chart pro is counting weekends as workdays

ClockwiseMango shared this question 16 months ago
Discussion Open

The map correctly calculates workdays in the role up as I have only monday to friday selected in the task option

However when I use Gantt view it counts the weekends as well

Is this a bug or is there a setting I'm missing

Replies (2)

photo

Yes - I was able to reproduce this. As you say, the overall duration in the Gantt chart seems to count total days including weekends when rolled up, unlike the map view which counts only working days. I don't use Gantt charts very much so I can't work out if this is by design, or because of a bug.

photo

Hi, yes, this is as designed, when you have a task that goes from a previous week Gantt adds the weekend on the total days but shows the exact number of days for each task. MindManager, ignores the weekend when rolling up tasks which give you an exact number of working days, Gantt gives you more of an overview for the Project.

photo

Thanks. If this is the case then there should be an option in both map and Grant views to show duration as either total days or work days.

photo

Hi Francis.

If thats how its designed then its designed wrong. I have option to count weekends as works days or not in the map view and the role gives me the correct duration of workdays dependent on my choice.

Gantt chart shows me different information because it always calculates including the weekend. Which is in conflict with normal practice in any project software. I should get the same numbers in map view and Gantt so I can trust what I'm seeing

I think its a bug dressed up as a feature if you are telling me the softies meant to design it that way

photo

The Effort column in Gantt Pro shows the actual work. I think it is usual to count total effort in working days and the duration in calendar days. The duration (workdays) shown in the map rollup is a hybrid figure, and only corresponds to the total work in the special conditions of this example.

---