Images in the Topic appear in a new line in word export.

Kamesh C. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Greetings,

I have images in the topics and when I export this the images appear in a new line and not in the same line as the topic. Is there a way I can keep these images in the same line as topic in the exported word file? I have attached a picture for better understanding.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Answer
photo

The current Export to MS Word does not yet support your request.

The only way is to do the formatting manually in your word document. The same goes for your text question.

Maybe Developers can spend some time to check if this could become available??

Replies (1)

photo

Go to Topic Shape under object Format on the Format ribbon. When the dialogue box appears, click on the Alignment & Images tab. Under Image alignment there are options to put the image to the left, right, above or below the topic text.

photo

Also, see my update to my earlier (mistaken) response on your other question re topic text

photo

I have attached my current setting in "Alignment and Images". Even with these settings the topic text appears in line 1 and the image appears in line 2 in the exported docx file. Apologies If I was not clear with my doubt earlier. I am trying to get the topic image and topic text appear in the same line in exported word document automatically.

Currently I am manually editing the word file to get the topic image and topic text in the same line in the exported word document.

photo

The current Export to MS Word does not yet support your request.

The only way is to do the formatting manually in your word document. The same goes for your text question.

Maybe Developers can spend some time to check if this could become available??

photo

Thank you, Ary V., for your time and quick feedback.

photo

Apologies for misreading this question too - obviously I was having a bad day yesterday!

Ary is right - the formatting options for topic text are very basic. Similar to my answer to your other question, the only other option at the moment is probably to put the text and image on the same line in a topic note. This appears to work when exported to Word.

photo

Thank you Alex G., hope you are alright. Thanks again for confirming :)

---