License validation

Marcelo L. shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

Every time I start MindManager I must go across the STUPID and TIME CONSUMING task of license validation with email and password. When I'm in a flight, I cannot use the software I PAID FOR, and I revert back to Apple Notes.

It's simply mind blowing how you guys are 10 times more worried about piracy than making your paying client life better.

Thanks for making my days worst every time I use your software.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Marcelo,

Thanks for the feedback. After signing in to MindManager, you should not be prompted to sign in again for 30 days and can use the product offline for 30 days before needing an internet connection to refresh the authentication token. It appears there is an installation issue or other factors causing this behavior on your Mac. I suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling the application. If that does not resolve the issue, please open a case with Technical Support here -
MindManager Support

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

What happens when you are unable to log in for over 30 days? Andi s the licence continuously refreshed when you are connected - or only on a fixed schedule every 30 days?

Spending long periods of time "off grid" is a very real possibility in remote parts of Australia where there is no mobile phone service, let alone internet. Even if you weren't going to spend 30 days straight in the outback, a fixed log-in schedule could mean that you end up being asked to log in when you're in one of these areas. And even if log-in is continuous when you are connected this could be problematic, for example if you don't log in for a week or two before going bush for a shorter trip.

photo

@Alex G,

MindManager checks the status of the license daily while the application is running or when starting the application. After the last successful license check, MindManager can work offline for 30 days and will then time out and prompt the user to sign in again.

Best regards,

-Marian

---