Links doesn't work when export to HTML

Grover C. shared this question 21 months ago
Answered

I need to export a map in HTML format, however when I export my map in HTML the links do not work. I have image links that are in my google drive and when I export it in HTML and then send it by email, the recipient cannot open the links. He gets a message that the file does not exist or is no longer available. How can I export my map in HTML format, and make my links to my images available. When a map is exported in HTML the links to my images that I have archived in my drive work or do I have to upload the images in another site?, anyway, the only thing I need is that my links work. Thank you

Best Answer
photo

Links to files stored locally won’t work on export. Instead you have to upload the files to a website and link to them there from the map before exporting.

Apparently attachments work with HTML files, so you could just attach rather than link them. However, I haven’t tried this and there may be issues with the resulting map file size if you have many and/or large attached files.

Replies (1)

photo

Links to files stored locally won’t work on export. Instead you have to upload the files to a website and link to them there from the map before exporting.

Apparently attachments work with HTML files, so you could just attach rather than link them. However, I haven’t tried this and there may be issues with the resulting map file size if you have many and/or large attached files.

---