printing

Urs H. shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

How can i print a large flowchart

Best Answer
photo

Hi Urs,

that's a bug in the timeline template. Probably the template calculate the double size of the map like in the radial template.

@Marian please look into it, thank you

Regards, Andreas

Replies (7)

photo

Can you provide a little more information - how large is the flowchart and how big do you want to print it?

photo

Hi Alex

Who else can I approach to have this take care of..

I need to be able to print those charts

Many thanks Urs

photo

Hi Urs,

I use objects like rectangles to define sections that I want to print in my large flow charts.

From the object I generate slides that I print. Every slide is printed on a single page.

In addition, the individual slides can be labeled without these texts appearing in the map.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your reply.

This somehow make sense however can you give me a more details like step by step.

As you can see I created a rectangular object but what I get is .

Thanks Urs

Reply from / Antwort von Urs Hess

urs.hess@elma.com | Phone: +1 510-656-3400  |  Fax: +1 510-656-3783

photo

Hi Urs,

are you using the timeline template????

In that case your map will created and shown horizontally, Very hard to make easy printing.

My recommendation.

Start with the Flow-Chart template, than you have the possibilities to design you workflow in detailed layers. You can place the steps and groups where ever you want - an example.

I can help you to redesign your flowchart.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Hi Urs,

another idea 😀 in the windows for printing you can change the numbers of pages you want to print

676c2aefbd85b5f2d6eafc01adec038d

Deactivate the border and the background in der print settings first.

Regards, Andreas

photo

All

I have now organized the chart vertical and selected 11 pages. But again the entire chart is cramp on to Page 6 and all other pages are empty. Something i do wrong. Any suggestion on how I can print this orchard over all 11 pages?

Thanks

photo

Please see atched file

Files: MJ2.jpg
photo

Hi Urs,

that's a bug in the timeline template. Probably the template calculate the double size of the map like in the radial template.

@Marian please look into it, thank you

Regards, Andreas

photo

Thanks for you help Andreas

photo

Hi Guys any update?

Need to get this working. Not particularly motivated to use Visio

Thanks

photo

All

Any updates on regarding this issue.

Reply from / Antwort von Urs