Basic bug in Mind Manager.

Mathew T. shared this question 21 months ago
Answered

Hello Mind Manager Staff,

I thought Mind Manager was a superior software until I discovered this horrible bug ! giving a feeling that it is almost unusable!

Steps :

1. Start Mind Manager

2. Create Radial Map

3. Add a couple of branches.

4. Select the map, right click and copy clipboard.

Mind Manager closes. Looks to be a software crash ! This is one of the basic things in any software isn't it ?

I'm surprised at the performance of a such a highly priced software and thoroughly disappointed ! Gives a feeling that the software is not even tested for it's basic functioning. May be I could do a better job !

Please address this issue on a high priority basis and please update me via Email at mathewthomasaadhaar@gmail.com

Mathew Thomas

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Mathew,

Thanks for the feedback but both I and the MindManager QA Team cannot reproduce this issue. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling MindManager. If that does not resolve the issue, contact our Technical Support Team here to further troubleshoot -

MindManager Support

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Hi Mathew,

wich MindManager are you using? Desktop Win or Mac - Web - MS Teams?

thank you.

Best regards, Andreas

photo

Hello Support Staff,

Here are the details :

1. OS       : Windows7 64 bit
  2. Version : Mind Manager 2022 (Trial)

Warm Regards

Mathew

photo

Hello Mathew

MindManager 22 requires Windows 10 or 11:

https://kb.mindmanager.com/125306?change_lang=en

photo

Hello Mindjet Support Staff,

Thank You ! That answers the question and I stand corrected on what I've said earlier. 

The very fact that the software sucessfully got installed and even started on my Windows7 64 bit system, led me to assume that it's compatible with Windows7 64 bit.

However, I went ahead and even checked it on a Windows10 system but the issue didn't show-up.

Based on the support I received from Francis,I've tried upgrading the .Net Framework to 5.x but that didn't help and the issue still persists.

I'd hope you had this latest version of MindManager working for Windows7 64 bit, since I hate upgrading the OS.

Warm Regards

MT

photo

Hello Mathew,

Thank you for the update. This explains why I and QA could not reproduce the issues you encountered. We dropped support for Windows 7 as of MindManager 21 and later. Microsoft officially ended support for Windows 7 as of January 2020 and we can only support versions of Windows that Microsoft is actively supporting.

System Requirements | (mindmanager.com)

Best regards,

-Marian

---