Undefined Start Date in Gantt

Michael E. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I'd like to make a scheduel that does not have a defined start date. I have the tasks laid out but don't know when the program will actually start. I'd like the labels to be more generic- eg Q1 Y1 vs a specific month year.

Best Answer
photo

Probably the closest you can get would be to plan the project starting on 1/1/2000. The dates would then be reasonably easy to read as relative dates. You would need to turn off the SmartRule for highlighting overdue tasks in this map.

When the project start date is defined, you can use the "Move project" button to change the start to a real date.

Replies (2)

photo

Probably the closest you can get would be to plan the project starting on 1/1/2000. The dates would then be reasonably easy to read as relative dates. You would need to turn off the SmartRule for highlighting overdue tasks in this map.

When the project start date is defined, you can use the "Move project" button to change the start to a real date.

photo

Thanks- Not quite what I was hoping for but it made need to do. I think Project gives me more flexbility-- bu tI liek it much less overall. Anyway to adjust the fonts on the Gantt axes?

---