Does the purchase of Mindmanager for 1 off fee only allow 30 day use?

Karen A. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi All

ON 7th March 2022 I purchased a licence for £346.80 from Cleverbridge and downloaded mindjet mindmanager to my PC Desktop. I input the licence number and have been using it happily for a couple of weeks.

However I am receiving notification to say that I have only 13 days left being able to use this offline. I only want to use the existing functionality. When I sign in online to my account it won't let me sign in saying that my free trial has expired. However this is no longer a free trial as it cost me more than £300. I can't input the licence number in as it acknowledges that this has already been used.

Can someone help me? I do not need to pay £160 subscription every year on top of the fee I have just paid as for now I am very happy with the functionality. But I won't be happy if it stops working in 13 days.

I have contacted Cleverbridge directly via their contact form.

Replies (4)

photo

MindManager uses a license server (like most software vendors)

The only thing you have to do is to register with the info received.

If you have already done so, Just login to the server every now and than.

That way MindManager knows you are still alive. ;-)

photo

Hello Karen

I am sorry you are having issues. I have checked the licence control server and it knows that you have a perpetual licence for MindManager Windows 22. So all of that is all correct. I am trying to figure this out...

Are you using the exact same email as login? The account and licence is tagged against your email so if you have a second email and using a second account, this will not work (for example trying to use both a home and work email).

Also, the licence you have purchased only works on the Windows version of MindManager - not the web browser or Mac or other platform like MindManager Web. I am not sure if you were trying it elsewhere.

There is also a link on the community home page for our customer support team (but not trying to shuffle you off ;) ). And... it may be a bug - but we have not seen this issue before.

Cheers... Blair

photo

Hi Karen,

MindManager requires you to connect to the internet at minimum once every 30 days even with a perpetual license. This allows us to ensure your license has not been compromised or used by another user. The message you are seeing means that you have been using MindManager without an internet connection so the timer is just letting you know how long you have before you need to connect to the internet and verify your license again.

photo

Hi All,

I have read all of your commentary and really appreciate all of your responses. I tried to access this site from my mobile to thank you all earlier but I need to access online from my desktop - hence the response today.

Mindmanager support have come back to me directly as well and have sent me a link to reactivate on a regular basis. I hope this gives me the access I need to the servers that you have mentioned. Feel really reassured by you all so thank you once more. WBW Karen

---