Mapping multiple diagrams together

Ryan J. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi there,

Might be a super simple question, but I have 5 different hierarchy diagrams in separate .mmap files. I need to map these diagrams to eachother (e.g. all the level 5 nodes in diagram A need to be mapped to a Level 2 Node in diagram B)

What is the easiest way to do this linking in MindManager (there are many nodes to link)?

If I map one node to another, will that relationship show up on both diagrams?

Any info or best practice guidance on mapping multiple diagrams to each other would be much appreciated!

Best Answer
photo

Hi Ryan,

The simplest way to do that is below:

Make sure Diagram A and B are both saved on your computer.

In Diagram A, right click the topic/node in level 5 and choose Copy as Link

e4424dddd9a61c71e3af0bdb77cf1922

Then go to Diagram B and right click the topic/node in level 2 and choose Paste / Paste as Link

f72875cfc4daf4d7da12dbc8db100454

This will add a link to the topic/node in Diagram B that can be clicked to jump back to the topic/node in Diagram A.

324ba1c2d87683f985a666bdf1c4d743

Replies (3)

photo

Well.... The best way ofcourse is if you had designed your map structure/architecture before to accomodate this.

Now you can do several things. You are the only person who can select he one that fits your demands best.

You could copy the whole content of your 5 maps and past them into a new map.

You could also make a new dashboard map with (Send To) links to the 5 you have and see if View Linked Maps provides what you want.

And there are many more possible solutions as others will tell you.

photo

You can't draw relationships from a topic in one map to a topic in another, but you could cross-link them with hyperlinks. I can't think of a way to do this at scale without writing some code. It would be a laborious manual process.

photo

Hi Ryan,

The simplest way to do that is below:

Make sure Diagram A and B are both saved on your computer.

In Diagram A, right click the topic/node in level 5 and choose Copy as Link

e4424dddd9a61c71e3af0bdb77cf1922

Then go to Diagram B and right click the topic/node in level 2 and choose Paste / Paste as Link

f72875cfc4daf4d7da12dbc8db100454

This will add a link to the topic/node in Diagram B that can be clicked to jump back to the topic/node in Diagram A.

324ba1c2d87683f985a666bdf1c4d743

---