Webinar April 15th

Ola F. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I enjoyed the webinar on April 15th, and I am especially interested to use the map roll-ups, and in the possibilities shown in the mindmap “Flow_Teams.mmap”, enclosed.

I would be please to get some more advice on how to build this for project management and reporting on different levels.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Ola,

Thank you for your question. I´m happy you liked the webinar!

This flowchart you referring to is showcasing a possible flow of Map Roll-ups, pictured in an MS Teams environment but could be set locally or stored in the cloud. In case you don't have the map in question you can download it here: Flow_Teams.mmap

I honestly built it more as an easy-to-relate to show-case explaining Map Roll-Ups, rather than a use case, but I still see it as a plausible setup for smaller Teams.

It´s important to remember that a Map Roll-Up is a bottom-up Roll-Up, meaning that you can roll up data from one or more "Source-maps" into your "dash board-map". You can refresh your content at any time, but you won't be able to push back any data from your "Dash board-map" back to the "Source-maps".

To make the Flow_Teams.mmap file work locally you need to save all attached maps and re-do the Roll-Ups (menu: Advanced > Map Roll-Up), please have a look at the Info Topic Notes in the top right corner of the Swim-lane. That contains all the info needed to get going.

I made a short 11min video a week ago that you might find interesting as it touches on the subject of Roll-Ups:

www.youtube.com/your_introduction_to_MindManager

If you want more in-depth training to get the most out of MindManager, I would strongly recommend starting with signing up for our MindManager Starter Academy. It consists of 5 on-demand training videos (free of charge) and, is by far the most comprehensive free training MindManager has to offer. https://www.mindmanager.com/en/resources/starteracademy/

Best Regards

Joel Averheim

8cdde94ce107695c10e8ca65e805874f

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Ola,

The best way to get detailed knowledge about the features, functions and benefits like these is via a local experienced MindManager trainer.

You can find them via: https://www.mindmanager.com/en/partners/

Ofcourse there may be more in your country, and I am sure some of them could provide online training as well.

photo

Thanks Ary

photo

Hi Ola,

Thank you for your question. I´m happy you liked the webinar!

This flowchart you referring to is showcasing a possible flow of Map Roll-ups, pictured in an MS Teams environment but could be set locally or stored in the cloud. In case you don't have the map in question you can download it here: Flow_Teams.mmap

I honestly built it more as an easy-to-relate to show-case explaining Map Roll-Ups, rather than a use case, but I still see it as a plausible setup for smaller Teams.

It´s important to remember that a Map Roll-Up is a bottom-up Roll-Up, meaning that you can roll up data from one or more "Source-maps" into your "dash board-map". You can refresh your content at any time, but you won't be able to push back any data from your "Dash board-map" back to the "Source-maps".

To make the Flow_Teams.mmap file work locally you need to save all attached maps and re-do the Roll-Ups (menu: Advanced > Map Roll-Up), please have a look at the Info Topic Notes in the top right corner of the Swim-lane. That contains all the info needed to get going.

I made a short 11min video a week ago that you might find interesting as it touches on the subject of Roll-Ups:

www.youtube.com/your_introduction_to_MindManager

If you want more in-depth training to get the most out of MindManager, I would strongly recommend starting with signing up for our MindManager Starter Academy. It consists of 5 on-demand training videos (free of charge) and, is by far the most comprehensive free training MindManager has to offer. https://www.mindmanager.com/en/resources/starteracademy/

Best Regards

Joel Averheim

8cdde94ce107695c10e8ca65e805874f

---