Central map

iscogd shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello,

until recently I was subscribed to MM and got frustrated with some points. I have watched now this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G2SlVonaoM and I have a question;

how can I create a central map to allow me to track multi-projects each project has its map?

Replies (4)

photo

No need to get frustrated.

Most of us Use a Dashboard map

This is a main map with a topic for each project.

Next they create separate project maps using the Rightclick on the projecttopic and Send to New map function.

With that you have a complete multimap facility where you can jump from project to deahboard and vice versa.

To see the status of each project in your dashboard map, You can use Map Rollup under Advanced.

photo

Hello,

you will find the feature Map Roll-up in menu Advanced -> Map Roll-up. To make a Map Roll-up select a topic and click Insert New Map Roll-up.

316c9c1ff195c128daa18c68b28377b2

Next choose the source map which should be rolled-up:

041ab1071adb42a742f0525f652f8a7d

The last step is to choose the topic/branch in the source map which is rolled up:

aab84ded9cd763ff3bee3ff50e2332e1

Map Roll-ups can be refreshed in the dashbord map:

1b83c29e95e02be162daa3a9617bb4de

hope this helps and ends the frustration.

Jan

photo

Thanks, Jan

photo

Thank you for answering me.

My frustration was due to several issues with the software.

I will sharp my question; how can I create colors and a percentage bar on the dashboard? assuming that in a single project all task has been rolled-up showing certain progress, how can I see this progress in my dashboard?

My last dashboard show all open projects but to see the status I had to dig down to the project.

In the last eight months, I have tried many apps and must say that all have the same problem creating endless lists.

Thank you.

photo

As Jan explained, Map Rollups may be the answer for you. I use that for the status of all my small and large projects

And you can see color, and percentage icons etc

photo

Thanks, Ary.

---