Filter is not working correct?

Rainer G. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I have a Problem with filtering Maps. When I filter on a specific symbol (here: on "GELB", see screenshot attached), filtering seems not to work correct. The symbol "GELB" is assigned to two Items in that map. This is displayed correct in Map-Index.

However: When I filter on "GELB" only, much more items are displayed to which "GELB" is not assigned. This happens with other filer-criteria as well. I can see no pattern by now. The Problem occurs in Mindmanager for Windows an persists in HTML5-Exports.

Any ideas or hints?

Best Answer
photo

Update: Issue is solved with fast and competent Support from Mindjet-Support. Thank you very much. :-) Problem was located in front of the keyboard. ;-)

Solution: Disable "Ignore Filter" from the affectet branchs in the map.

b605e876c10e08e5f3196a4e7ce622ba

Replies (6)

photo

Please include the image in your post. I am very reluctant opening attachments.

So, without having seen your example:

This could happen if you have more symbols in your map and if you use the powerfilter and have Any marker selected.

photo

A: maybe something wrong at the filter options ?

690ae2881cce5d9a9d8cb8385bcbabe6

B: The same result if you use the power filter ?

photo

86fcd9b74072e1d8bba6d027140908ad

Thanks for your response so far.

Here is the Image.

Regarding your questions:

A: Filter-Parameters coincide with the settings in your Screenshot. I've checked that before.

B: Yes. I have the same result, when I use powerfilter.

May I ask you to explain a little bit further, what "more symbols in your map" means? Of course I have some symbol-groups in that map. And I also do not really unterstand what you mean with "Any marker selected". As you can see, I am using the german version of MM. "Marker" is the english translation for "Tag" in german, right.?

If so: Do you mean, that maybe in the active filter there is also a Marker/Tag as filter-criteria selected? If yes: I can confirm, that this is not the case.

photo

I have tried to reproduce this.

The filter works correct in my tests.

In your Image I see only One (1) GELB (yellow) topic.

Is the other at a higher level? That could explain it.

Did you try and filter with rightclick on the GELB?

Same result?

If nothing else works... Try a repair of the software.

Or try MindManager Support via the Webseite

photo

Thanks again. Meanwhile I've switched to english GUI and tried something more, unfortunenatly without any sucess so far.

To your questions:

- Yes, there was another "GELB" topic on a lower level. And it was displayed/filtered correct. It was just cutoff in the screenshot. However, even if I remove the "GELB" marker from that second topic, so that there is only one topic with "GELB" left, the five topics without "GELB" are still not filtered out. See picture attached.

And as mentioned above: I see this behavior as well, when I try to filter on other markers. I do not think, that the software-installation is corrupt, because the HTML5-Export-Version of that file behaves exacltly the same way. But I will check on another machine/installation.

7105a70c215024bd2914482974c6f0d6

photo

Update: Issue is solved with fast and competent Support from Mindjet-Support. Thank you very much. :-) Problem was located in front of the keyboard. ;-)

Solution: Disable "Ignore Filter" from the affectet branchs in the map.

b605e876c10e08e5f3196a4e7ce622ba

---