Unable to invite others to edit document online or via MS Teams

Alpesh P. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Copied link, sent and posted. Within MS Teams and link within e-mail.

Invitees are unable to edit online / link not active / browser issues.

Invitees are internal members and external.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Alpesh,

I'll need more information to help you out on this. Where did you copy the link from? When you paste the link what does it look like? Does the link work for you but not others? Does everyone you are trying to send the link to have a license to use MindManager for Microsoft Teams?

photo

Thanks for responding.

The link is provided by the MindManager add-in within the MS Teams / Channel. I upgraded my version from MindManager pro6.

The link provided does not show anything, only copy link option. If I manually copy the link, I can see a normal URL address etc. On one occasion the link within the channel showed the Icon for the mmap.

I want the students to be able to collaborate via the online browser option or within the Teams channel. Neither are possible.

Students have been prompted to download and purchase MindManager.

I have a license and want them to trial the software. I assumed the online mindmap was accessible to all and a full version is not needed. All maps are stored within my user profile.

Additionally, I have many questions about MindManager and it's use cases related to teaching.

Maybe a screenshare session will help. I don't have much technical experience.

photo

Hi Alpesh,

This is Julie from the MindManager marketing team. I'd be happy to help you with MindManager and its use cases related to teaching.

We have just released an eBook on this topic. And there is also a helpful video created by Biggerplate on this topic as well.

I hope this helps!

Julie

photo

Hi Alpesh,

Your students do not need to download a desktop version of MindManager, they can use MindManager for Microsoft Teams if they have licenses to use Teams (from Microsoft) and a license or trial of our MindManager for Microsoft Teams application.

If you post some screenshots of the problem that would help us troubleshoot.

photo

Hello Alpesh,

Just to be sure.

You mention you upgrade from MM pro 6. Did you upgrade to MM vs 21 for Windows and use the Teams addin there?

Or did you try to add the Teams addin to you MM pro6 version?

photo

I have exactly the same problem. Used to use Mindjet for collab on maps, now having to migrate to MindMgr in Teams on a MAC. Sharing just does not work. The copy link button doesn't work, manually copying gives an enormously long link and when someone tries to follow they just get error messages which tells them to add themselves as a external user in the tenant - they already are in the tenant as an external user - they can get into Teams, but they cannot get into the new MindMgr Cloud.

photo

The technical customer service is terrible.

They'll mark the issue as resolved despite not resolving it. Makes them look good.

They do not have remote sessions and neither do they offer to hold one.

I asked for specific information and was sent a crappy generic brochure that sells the product and not provide actual solutions.

I advised my students not to purchase the software until the issues are resolved.

Youtube is good but limited and does not have a specific solution to our problem.

photo

Yep - I'm going to try MindMeister in Teams instead - I'll see if that works.

photo

Hi Alpesh,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with technical customer service.

I'd like to meet with you personally to learn more about your scenario and see if there is anything we can do. I'll email you to set up a time.

---