Lock the Filter on a Published Map

gslade_2 shared this idea 3 years ago
Voting Open

I want to be able to publish a filtered map (e.g. certain topics and branches only) and not have the option on the published map view to remove the filter (which shows the entire/whole map by removing the filter). There are many times I want to be able to publish just parts of a map and for the URL only to show those. Adding an option allow or not allow the filter to be used when publishing a map would be a great enhancement. thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Work around

1. Filter the map
  2. go to the backstage menu - save as
  3. save filtered map
  4. export it to HTML5

disable filter from a published map is not possible, because the published map contains the whole map info's

Best, Andreas

photo

Thank you for sharing this idea.

I just want to mention one feature here that many users don't know, but can at least be used as a workaround.

In MindManager it is possible to save a copy of the filtered map, which then contains only the visible topics.

To do this, filter your map, then open menu File -> Save as and select here Save a Copy of Filtered Map

6434641a718b4f962dcac7b5f83959ea

The copy of the filtered map can also published

Thanks

Jan

photo

Jan

The problem is that the published filtered map still allows the filter to be removed. I know this to be true because I just tried it.

James.

photo

I know and it's not changed with current verison.

Maybe in the next one

photo

Hi JamesAK,

After you save the copy of the filtered map you have to open the copy and then publish that instead of the original.

photo

Hi Sia,

I haven’t tried this but I think there could be one issue if you make subsequent changes to the original map. Obviously you would have to re-filter it, which means you also have to save and publish an updated version of the filtered map.

Saving the updated filtered map with the same file name would overwrite the previous version. I imagine this means that you would have to redo the publishing process from scratch, ending up with a new URL. That’s fine if you only need to update your own personal links but if you’ve shared the original link widely or pasted it in several places you are going to have repeat the whole process.

---