Warum werden keine Bilder aus Outlook Aufgaben nach MM übertragen?

Rolf N. shared this question 10 months ago
Discussion Open

Wenn ich Outlook Aufgaben nach MM sende, werden die Outlook Aufgaben in MM ohne Bilder angelegt.

Wenn ich nun etwas in MM ändere und mit Outlook synchronisiere, sind alle Bilder in der Aufgabe in Outlook gelöscht.

Das ist für mich so nicht brauchbar!

Ist das wirklich so gewollt oder gibt es eine Einrichtung, das dies verhindert?

Replies (2)

photo

Only a limited number of task/topic elements can be synced between MM and Outlook, or vice versa, however I think that this limitation is not entirely due to MM.

It's a while since I've looked at this and I know there have been some changes, but basically all you can sync between the two programs are: the following elements

1. Task text.
  2. Categories (though sadly no longer category colours. Appears as a Categories markers group in MM).
  3. Task priority (though Outlook recognises only High, Medium or Low).
  4. Task progress.
  5. Task start and due dates (duration is calculated in MM).
  6. Task Status (this appears as a topic property in MM but can only be edited in Outlook).
  7. Resources (this appears as a resource in MM but can only be added and edited in Outlook).
  8. Topic/Task notes.
  9. Attachments.

The following elements are not synced to Outlook but are retained in the MM map:

1. Any tags or icons etc (other than categories and icons showing priority and progress, which are synced).
  2. Topic colouring
  3. Topic numbering.
  4. Topic labels.
  5. Images inserted into the topic.
  6. Hyperlinks.
  7. Subtopics.
  8. Callouts.
  9. Task effort

Topic properties can't be synced and in fact will prevent a MM task from syncing.

photo

Thank you for your quick response.

What I don't understand is that MM simply deletes the existing pictures in Outlook when synchronizing. I don't think this is the right way. If MM ignores the images in the Outlook task when synchronizing, that would be the right way, but simply deleting them is wrong in my opinion.

photo

I agree, though I think this may be down to the way in which MindManager treats material in topic notes when syncing.

When an image is pasted into the task at the MindManager end it doesn't appear in the corresponding Outlook task after syncing, but is retained in MindManager. In effect, the syncing process simply does not see the image, so it is ignored but retained on the MindManager side.

However, at the Outlook end there is, technically, no way to insert an image into the task itself - what you are actually doing is pasting the image into the task notes.

You will also notice that when you sync any task notes text formatted in terms of colour, bold, font size etc between the two programs, the formatting is lost and the text is pasted in either direction as unformatted text. Therefore I suspect that if the task/topic notes component of syncing between MM and Outlook can handle only unformatted text, then logically any images inserted into the Outlook task notes will also be removed on syncing.

photo

When I create Tasks from Mindmanager in Outlook via the sync I always use the "Copy a Link" function in Mind Manager to create a link which I add to the Outlook Task so that if I ever want to get back to the reason for the Task and the Notes about the task I can get back to the original map that created the task

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the tip. However, this doesn't seem to work consistently. If I close both programs after creating the link and pasting it into the Outlook task notes then reopen and sync, the link seems to be turned into plain text with no hyperlink at both ends.

photo

Hi Alex ,

When I add the link into MindManager Notes and export it looses the link , ... It is a bit arduos but what I do is once I've created the Outlook Task I then paste the link into the Task in Outlook , yes it looses the link in the synchronised version of the task on the branch notes in Mindmanager (just checked that to understand what you are saying) , but for me the important thing is that the outlook task retains the link to the mind map I created the task from I can get back to the origin of why I created the task and get the context , when I select the link in Outlook I do get a Outlook Security Notice to ask "are you sure you want to open this as the location may be unsafe" message as hyperlink answering yes opens up the target mind map at the appropriate action .

photo

Hi Rolph N ,

I think the only way you will get the pictures to go through is to attach them as files which will then make them available in outlook tasks as attachments ... not ideal but a thought

photo

Hi David,

I followed the steps you describe, ie, created a task in Outlook, exported it to MindManager, copied the link to the topic and pasted it back in the Outlook task, and then synced them. However, the result is the same - the actual hyperlink is lost at both ends. The plain text version of the link is retained and you can reactivate this at either the MM or Outlook end, but whenever you sync the Outlook task and MM topic the live link disappears.

photo

Hi Alex , Interesting , for some reason I don't get the same issue , for me it is a core part of my working habits , I'm using the desktop version of outlook from the O365 download.

Yes when I send the link from outlook to mindmanager I loose the links in Mindmanager. But when I check the outlook task in outlook - even by clicking on the Open Microsoft Outlook item link ... I still have a hyperlink in outlook which when selected will take me to my desired source map ... I'm very puzzled ... I wonder if there is a setting in outlook or mindmanager which triggers this behaviour in your landscape or allows it in my set up ?

photo

Yes, it’s curious. Do you ever resync after the original syncing? For me the problem only occurs if I sync again - if I leave things alone after the original relationship is set up the link is still live. Also, sometimes it seems to overwrite the live link only if something like the due date has been changed in the task, especially at the MM end.

photo

I do resync sometimes Alex , but I cannot remember seeing an issue with the the outlook task loosing the hyperlink (unless I moved the mind map) . My mind manager notes don't keep the hyperlink but that is not an issue for me as I am using the open microsoft outlook item option link on the MM Outlook Task to open the task in Outlook to get back to the task

---