Mindmanager - Outlook Task Integration & To Do Lists

David shared this question 10 months ago
Discussion Open

From what I can see Microsoft's Office 365 direction of travel for tasks in Outlook is heading towards integrating with To Do Lists , are there any plans for Microsoft Integration to cater for this?

Replies (5)

photo

Does this refer to "Todoist"?

photo

Hi Nick ,

In the Office 365 Outlook Interface the left hand ribbon now has the clipboard with a tick (Tasks) and the Blue Tick (To Do) Icons

677aed32efdff537f9d0221f81074211

The Blue Tick takes you to the To Do application interface (which includes the Tasks currently) which is not quite ordered how I like and has lost some of the ability to configure the view as to how I see it in outlook (not that it matters ) as I have a particular workflow / approach to my use of Mindmanager which involves meeting notes , capturing actions , exporting to outlook task list , importing tasks using the Office Task into a Working List of Projects with prioritised activities which I then use a Kanban Board to prioritise and manage my workflow focus.

Anyway I'm just wondering if the direction of travel for Microsoft is to move towards the To Do Application for tasks rather than have them in Outlook ( I noted the new Outlook Interface removes the task view when applied) do we know how Mindmanager team view this?

photo

Thanks David, will be interesting to hear. That sounds like a complex workflow. What are the barriers to doing more of it in MindManager?

photo

Hi Nick , Happy to catch up on a teams call or zoom call and walk you through my usage of mindmanager , I've sent a linkedin in invite

photo

Interesting article on the relationship between Outlook Tasks and the To Do feature: https://www.michaellinenberger.com/blog/microsofts-new-to-do-module-does-it-replace-tasks/

photo

Thanks Alex, good article

photo

Hi Alex

Great Article I'm a big fan of Mr Linenbergers work , basing some of my workflow approach around getting the stuff into a single to do list and managing bringing the work in based on a horizon date ... I have not quite worked out how to manage this as part of a mind map but use a single mind map based on the areas of responsibility that I have in line with a session presented in a biggerplate mind mapping webinar

---