Fade topics in Gantt pro

Cezary . shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

Hello, in Gannt pro there is an option "apply topic filtering to the chart" which works fine when hiding tasks. What about the "fade" option? Is it possible to achieve task fading also in the gantt chart as it looks on the map itself?

Replies (1)

photo

Topic fading is not supported in the Gantt chart, but the topic text and fill colours are shown in the chart. If you have a specific need to see faded task topics, maybe there is a different way to solve it.

photo

From the action planning perspective, it would be convenient to fade out completed or rejected tasks, but keep their limited visibility as a backlog. Focus on what's important, but keep the big picture. I'll find another convenient way. Maybe in one of the next updates...

photo

Good point. As a workaround you could modify the default SmartRule for completed tasks to change to a different font and fill colour, so that they look faded in the chart. Personally I always found the bright green distracting. As you say the focus is on what needs to be done, not what has been done.

photo

This is a good workaround, but unfortunately there's no way to use a SmartRule to fade topic icons, in particular the 100% Progress icon, or for that matter the topic info display background if you have elected to use a colour for this.

I think three things are needed which I'll also suggest as ideas:

1. The ability to apply filter-based topic fading in the Gantt chart
  2. The ability to apply topic fade via a SmartRule
  3. At least one (and preferably more) "quieter" alternatives to the bright green 100% Progress icon.

---