MindManager 23 Outlook integration

Alex G. shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

I've just downloaded and installed MindManager 23. In "What's new in MindManager 23" the Help file states:

"Enhanced! Microsoft Outlook integration

"Adding an Outlook query to a map or sending a topic to Outlook as a task automatically creates an email link in the topic or task."

However, this doesn't appear to be happening - is there a special trick to getting this to work?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Alex,

For Emails - When adding an Email query such as "Recent Unread Emails", the senders email address should appear as a Mail To link on the topic.

For Tasks - Send a task to Outlook and then assign the task in Outlook to someone other than yourself. When you refresh the topic in MindManager or Sync with Outlook, the assignees email address will appear as a Mail To link on the topic.

This is working fine on my end. Please try again and let me know if it works for you.

Best,

-Marian

photo

Hi Marian,

Thanks for the prompt response. This seems to work well, though a little more explanation about how it works in the Help file would be useful.

Is there any chance of adding a similar facility for Outlook appointments so that Mail To links could be added to topics for meeting attendees?

photo

Unreal he said as he waved his wooden leg! Now, all is clear! Thanks. Agree, help needs expansion.

photo

great feature, thank you

photo

Thanks for the feedback on the Help Guide, I've passed it along to our Tech Writer.

Best,

-Marian

---