Import from xls not visible in Advanced menu

Andreas W. shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

hello - just subscribed to the professional version of mindmanager. While articles in the intertnet tell me that it's possible to import data sets from xls, I cannot see the excel data mapper in the advanced menu. Here's the reference: https://blog.mindmanager.com/201912new-in-mindmanager-2020-advanced-excel-integrations/ Any ideas what's going on? Thanks for your help. I'm running Version 22.2.321

Replies (1)

photo

In version 22 the Excel Data Mapper import facility has been moved to the Import tab under File, which is a more logical place for it to be.

photo

thanks Alex for your quick response. When I select the Import... option in the File menu, then I can chose the location of the file, however, xls files are not readable (grayed out). Do I need to install the data mapper functionality somehow?

8d112d313c2f2bcf5c42973d4f76f0b3

photo

Sorry - it appears you are using the Mac version. I was referring to the current Windows version of MindManager (version 22). In fact, the article you referenced was discussing Windows version 20.

I'm not certain if the Excel data Mapper facility is available in the Mac version.

photo

thanks Alex, what a bummer if indeed Excel data Mapper functionality is absent in the Mac version. One of the key reasons I decided to subscribe to MindManager ...

photo

Hello Andreas,

The Excel Data Mapper is a MindManager Windows exclusive feature. As you have a subscription, one suggestion is considering using Parallels on your Mac and running the Windows version of MindManager.

Best regards,

-Marian

---