Is there a way to create a topic with two subtopics with either/or relationship

Dawn S. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

I would like to have a topic that has two subtopics under it. But in the process flow I'm building, the person could do EITHER the first subtopic OR the second. I hope that makes sense.

Replies (3)

photo

Here is the solution with the activity diagram module but I don't know if you wanted to do it with this module? f3253b4ee6483af84eaa485befc9aa42

photo

This is a good question. Assuming that you are creating a map rather than a flowchart, and you do not need to export it to another format, you could insert an explanatory topic in between them. I added the converse (do all) for comparison.

234a80c3b8225b0e0dc70aa494a314ca

photo

While progress icons can be used to indicate which option is selected as Nick’s example demonstrates, you can also use checklist tick box icons which offer some advantages. I describe the process in this post on my blog: https://sociamind.com/2021/09/30/setting-up-alternative-checklists-in-mindmanager/

The article also covers formatting topics using SmartRules depending on whether they are ticked or unticked, as well as formatting parent topics. This approach could be adapted to highlight subtopics along the selected path.

---