MindManager.exe CLI commands

Janik V. shared this question 15 months ago
Discussion Open

Hey,

i am trying to automize some MindManager-processes. The question is: are there commands / parameters with whom i can start the MindManager.exe?

For example something like: "C:\Program Files\MindManager 21\MindManager.exe" -template-file "C:\test.mmat"

So this command would open a new map with the mentioned template. Is that possible? Or are there none CLI commands for MindManger?

Kind regards

Janik

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Janik. I am not sure I have ever seen this written anywhere. I suspect that by default a parameter provided to the .exe will try to open that map. There may be a print function, which was common with other Windows apps, but I am not aware of any more than that.

There are several other ways that MindManager can be automated, as it has a Windows API and a macro feature. What operations do you want to automate?

photo

Hey Nick, thank you for your answer!

What is was trying to do is using Python to create links in another tool (Todoist) to navigate directly to a defined MindMap or create a new map with special parameters.

Would that be possible with the mentioned Windows API? And is it correct, that this API only works with VBA-Scripts and not with C#, Java or Python?

Kind regards

Janik

photo

Hello Janik

MindManager for Windows creates a COM server that can be accessed from any object-oriented programming language. You just need to create the server object, then you can create and modify maps. It is the same method you would use to automate Excel from Todoist.

The macro feature built into MindManager is VBA compatible (very similar to MS Office VBA) but is not used when automating MindManager from another application.

The API documentation is here.

---