Verteilen einer Formel über die gsamte Mappe

Lars T. shared this question 16 months ago
Discussion Open

Hi everyone, I created a mind map in collaboration with the Excel mapper. This map contains four levels. In the fourth level there are about 400 branches with article information for price negotiations with the suppliers, which are grouped around the main topic in the first level. Now I want to set up a formula that applies to all fourth-level objects. So far, I create the formula in a branch and then copy this formula into all other objects of the fourth level. But this is extremely exhausting, especially since I already have pain in my wrist from the mouse posture. Do you know a better way? Best regards Lars Thomsen, Bad Segeberg Germany

Replies (7)

photo

When a "Calculated" Topic Property is copied, the calculation formula is also copied. I think the following should work:

1. Right-click on the property in a topic that has the formula, and copy the Property (not the property value)
  2. Multi-select some other topics using the lasso
  3. Right-click on one of the selected topics and click Paste > Paste Topic Properties

This should copy the formula to multiple topics.

photo

Hello Nick, thank you very much for the contribution. I am already using this procedure. With flat portfolio structures of e.g. 2 levels, this is not quite so bad. I work in the fourth level with 400 topics. In the third level with just under 100 and in the second level with 60 levels. Calculations are made at each level. Even if I equalize all branches in width, which is already a relief, I can not always work error-free with the lasso due to the large amount of data. Even after almost 20 years of using MindManager, I don't rule out the possibility that I have no idea what tricks are still out there. Presumably, the solution of a systematic formula spread does not yet exist. Maybe I should post the topic as an idea. It may be that other users are also happy about a corresponding work facilitation.

photo

Sorry, 60 branches. Not 60 levels.

photo

Hello Lars. Could you use Advanced >Select > Select Descendants, then Ctrl+click on the parent topic to remove it from the selection again, leaving just the child topics? I guess the number of third and second level topics means this would not save much time.

Unfortunately there is no "topic level" option in the Power Filter that would allow you to select by level.

A short macro that writes a "topic level" tag to topics would enable you to quickly filter and select by level by filtering on tags. I can do this in a few minutes if it would help.

photo

Yes, I can well imagine that this helps. Very good!

photo

This is an installable App for MindManager for Windows. It requires the (free) App Studio add-in to be installed, which only needs to be done once. Links and instructions are included in the map. The App can write or remove tags for topic levels, and includes a very short help file. This should enable you to select several hundred topics at a specific level in the map.

photo

Many thanks to you, Nick

I´ve sent the map to my IT-manager for solving. In a hospital we have a big security policy :-)

photo

Understood. I am happy to answer any questions about security. They may also want to scan the App Studio add-in installer.

photo

Okay. Thanks.

photo

There is another option - the MAP add-in for MindManager can be used to either select topics by level, or add an extended topic level numeric property to all or selected topics, starting with 1 for Main topics and so on down the hierarchy. The topic property option has the advantage that the topic level number will automatically change if the topic is moved up and down the hierarchy, and as a topic property it can be used directly in formulas and SmartRules.

photo

Hi Alex, thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll be honest: I don't understand you. What do you mean by the MAP add-in? I can't find this functionality. Would you like to add an explanation please? Thank you.

photo

Hi Lars,

MAP (Map Action Pack) is a third-party add-in for MindManager sold by Olympic Limited: https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk. It provides a range of around 50 additional features for MindManager. Some of these features greatly simplify things you can already do in MindManager, but many provide functions which aren’t available at all, at least if you’re not going to write macros.

The topic level property is a good example of the latter, and is one I use extensively. It has so many uses and really should be part of the product itself. The direct link to the MAP add-on is https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/mindmanager-add-ins/map-for-mindmanager/

Incidentally, I have no financial or other connection to Olympic Limited, apart from occasionally beta testing some of their products on a volunteer basis, but I happen to think that the MAP add-in is incredibly useful.

---