If I have a MindManager desktop license and a Teams Mindmanager license, can I give to 2 people?

Michael G. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I'm struggling to find a use for my MindManager Teams add on licenses. It seems like a watered down version of MindManager. Does anyone know if it's permissible to assign the teams license to someone who does *not* have a desktop license? This would expand my userbase and eventually I'd upgrade them to have desktop licenses as well (once they have proven they have made good use of the tool).

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure what you mean by "add on license" so it depends on the offer or bundle you purchased, it would be best to refer to your contract or sales person for more information regarding your license agreement.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not found a use for MindManager for Microsoft Teams, other customers typically use it to more easily collaborate on files. The app makes it easy to find, open, and co-edit files inside teams channels using channel tabs.

Please let me know which missing features could be added to MindManager for Microsoft Teams to better support your work flows.

photo

Hi Sia-

Thank you for your response. Some features I'd look for include:

• Ability to save to Onedrive
  • Ability to save default locations when saving to SharePoint. Right now when I click "My Files" it opens up to a top level view of all SharePoints in my company. I have to go through a lengthy list to get to my sharepoint and then to the correct folder within my sharepoint.
  • Ability to open MMAP files that aren't on SharePoint (so on local computer or in OneDrive)

Those are the main ones that come to mind at the moment.

Thanks,

Michael

photo

Thanks for the feedback!

photo

To me it sounds like he asks if each user also need a private license installed in additiion yo the teams likcence in order to take fullu advances in Mindmanager 21

In case it can be quite expenzive if each need two licenses.

photo

In fact the question asked is if one can give part of the license to another person for free.

Well, The teams addon is an addon at an extra annual price.

Or it is included in your annual subscription.

So it always is connected to the desktop licenseholder whether she/he is a Single or Enterprise user.

And no, you cannot give away part of your license to someone else for free.

photo

Thank you! This was my exact question, I just wanted to be sure. Appreciate the response!

photo

Hi Michael,

Just for clarification, if you purchased the Teams app subscription for $99 separately from your desktop perpetual or subscription license then you can assign that license to someone else if you choose. This is why I said you should refer to your contract or sales person for more information regarding your license agreement.

---