Write protect parts of maps?

Daniel B. shared this question 17 months ago
Answered

Hello dear community,

we have designed mindmaps where the users only have to mark elements in different colours
or have to set / remove checkboxes or change progress icons on mindmap branches.
They don't need to change anything else in the files
so we would like to set a write protection to most parts of the mindmaps.

Is it possible to protect an entire map (except a small number of elements)? How can we do this?

We would be glad if you could help us.
Thank you!
yours,
Daniel

Replies (3)

photo

Later versions have "Contributor permissions" in File > Info > Content Control settings. This lets you define which information can be edited in the map, but applies across the whole map and not just selected topics. I don't know if this was available in MM18 though.

photo

As you have a group of users who are part of your team, your company most likeley has a Mindmanager Enterprise license for sufficient users.

This means that you are entitled to use the latest version (vs 22). That has as Nick states, a lot of extra's.Your systems admin has received the instructions how to upgrade to the latest version.

Also consider using a dashboard map with submaps that are maintained by other users, and use the suggestions Nick made.
At dashboard level you will always have the complete overview via map roll-ups etc.

photo

Hello Ary, hello Nick D,

thank you for your answers!

I am the administrator - so I should quickly do an update to the newest version :-/.

I will try out the solutions you told me about as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help!

yours,
Daniel

---